So, here I present the first of my ‘7 fictional characters…’ series. It isn’t something I proposed, at the beginning of the year, but let’s be honest, I love reading. I adore it, and there are a lot of characters, who I very quickly came to the conclusion that I wanted to marry, upon discovering them. I fall in love with fictional characters way too easily. So, here are my top 7! They’re not all book characters, as many book characters are on my wider list (and Jane Austen characters. Damn, I want to marry just about every character she’s ever written), however, I hope my descriptions/justifications do them justice.
Characters on the long list, that didn’t make the top 7 include: Mr Darcy, Mr Wickham (in an odd way), Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Margaery Tyrell, Danerys Targaryen, Marty Deeks, and many more…)
7. Kensi Blye (NCIS LA): Special Agent Blye!!! Kensi is a kick ass Agent. She is strong willed and emotionally tough, but at the same time, caring and willing to look after her significant other at all costs- She’s a loyal partner and friend, incredibly intelligent and just all round beautiful. She’s also a bit of a mess… Kensi has no organisation skills, but I can relate to that, so all is good there. She is also just so adorable it’s unreal, and deserves the world. I would happily marry a character who I see as my everything.
6. Will Traynor (Me Before You): I would like to marry Will Traynor on one condition; That I am marrying him as Lou Clark. Will Traynor is a character of grand emotional depth and the transformation he makes, as characterised through the writing by Jojo Moyes, is incredible. However, as much as I love him, I love Will and Lou, Lou and Will as a duo, more. Obviously. I would do anything to ensure they got married (despite the emotional storyline of Me Before You being flawless and something I couldn’t, nor wouldn’t change).
5. Jac Naylor (Holby City): Two words; Ice. Queen. Jac has been a favourite character of mine for as long as I remember, and goddamnit, she is cold, and she is sassy, and she is strong willed, and wow. What a woman she is. Although I can’t see any relationship going down well with Jac Naylor (aside Joseph. Jac and Joseph!!!), marrying her would certainly be an experience and she is a very attractive character in many ways, including the fact that she is sassy and 24/7 slaaayyys.
4. Goneril (King Lear): Right, so I really have no idea why I want to marry Goneril, I just do. I just really love her as a character. I refuse to see her as evil, that insinuation (as if she’s a bad character) hurts my soul. I seriously don’t know why, but I just see her as a beautifully written character, and she struck me (not literally, of course), but I now want to marry her.
3. Clara Oswald (Doctor Who): But, can you really say a bad word about Clara Oswald? Go on, try it. Nope? Didn’t think so. She is admirable in every aspect. Her knowledge of her self worth. Her treatment of others (most of the time). Her love of literature (how can I not love someone who, too, loves my passion?!). Her confidence. Her everything. I mean it, I am literally in love with everything about her. Also, Jenna Coleman is my favourite human to exist, so her characterisation just adds to my love for Clara. I love her with all my heart.
2. Captain Frederick Wentworth (Persuasion): I JUST WANT MY OWN CAPTAIN WENTWORTH. LOOK AT ME. I’M A MESS.
I seriously, seriously love Wentworth. Everyone needs a Wentworth in their life. The worst part is, I can’t even explain it, because he makes me an emotional letter. He’s a romantic, which you can’t deny (THE LETTER!) and his infatuation with Anne is adorable. The genuine admiration from both sides of Anne and Wentworth’s relationship is the cutest, and a huge thing for a couple living in Georgian society, as that may not have been a regular occourance. He’s just a wonderful man, especially for his time, and he’s full of love and romance, and I just love him. I need a Captain Frederick Wentworth in my life.
1. Peggy Carter (Marvel Universe): I would love for you to name one feature about Peggy Carter which is unattractive/will cause me to change my mind about this. Everything about her makes me want to marry her (as much as I understand that would hardly have conformed with her society’s standards). Peggy is a sassy, intelligent agent, full of confidence and an awareness of her self worth, which is really, really an admirable thing. She is a feminist, and someone who doesn’t conform to societal standards (meaning, she indeed could marry me) which is especially prominent due to the time period in which she lived. Peggy Carter is also a goddamn kick ass Agent, who many, many people want to be! I wish I was as physically and emotionally strong as her. She also happens to be rather aesthetically pleasing, in both the comics and Hayley Atwell’s portrayal, but there is so much more to her than just that. Peggy is just an insanely beautiful character, whom I would do anything to marry.
Who top of your marriage list for fictional characters? I’m curious about what sort of characters others are in love with.
I hope this post was enjoyable to read, and hopefully I shall be back with more similar posts in the future!
Love always, Lauren xxx