In all honesty, I meant to post this two days ago. Of course you know that, because blogmas is a daily and I haven’t posted since day 13. Oops? I do apologise, but i’ve had a lot of school work to do.
The prompt for a few days ago ‘what are you asking Santa for?’, so I have decided to follow that- with a spin. Therefore, today’s blogmas topic is ‘Christmas Wishes’.
I have many wishes, not just for myself, but for my friends and family, too, but I cannot say they are solely wishes for Christmas. They are wishes I hope will survive the whole year. However, the best present I could ever receive would be these coming true.
So, without further ado: What is it that I wish for?
- As typical as it may sound, there is nothing I want more than happiness for my friends and family.
- Good health for those whom I care about. I know that this is not something that can be magicked up, but nothing hurts more than seeing my loved ones in pain.
- Motivation to push on through life and with work, and earn what I truly deserve
- A sense of self worth and self love.
- For positive beams to shine out of my face so I can always look lovely (hello to a paraphrase of the legendary author Roald Dahl).
- Equality. Gender equality, sexual equality, economic equality, equality regarding opportunities, a rise of health and happiness for those less fortunate.
- The saving of innocent lives eg. allowing civilians to escape Allepo (I mean, obviously an end to the fighting full stop would be more ideal)
Of course, I have many more wishes to improve our society and make it a fairer, more peaceful place. But for now, I shall just continue to exercise my democrartic right to campaign for such.
Now, I think I should follow the original prompt, too and move onto the physical presents I have asked for for Christmas.
- A pair of hoographic Doc Martens. I love glitter, I love shoes, I’ve always wanted DMs. What’s better?
- Pajamas, of course. And a dressing gown. Disney, of course.
- I’ve actually also asked for Hamilton: An American Musical pillows. I love being comfortable, and I love Hamilton.
- Books. I love literature.
What have you asked for, for Christmas? I would love to know!
Love always, Lauren xxx